Kilimanjaro climb success rates 2014-2015
8 Reasons why climb Kilimanjaro with Tranquil Journeys Tours
- Our Kilimanjaro climb success rates is success rate of 96%, resulting in a much higher than average summit success rate of 96%
- Unlike many other tour operators on Kilimanjaro, our rate of ascent complies with Wilderness Medicine Society (WMS) guidelines
- All of our guides and trek leaders on Kilimanjaro are first aid trained
- Oxygen cylinders and Gamow bags are carried on all treks for emergency use
- We actively support our trek crew through the Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP) www.kiliporters.org
- All Africa joy trekking staff are from the local area – revenues from our treks benefit the local economy
- We carry portable toilets on all treks to avoid degrading the mountain
- Unlike some tour operators, we include the US$880 Kilimanjaro park fees in the price. There are no hidden extras with Tranquil Journeys tours
Extend your Trek
All of our Kilimanjaro treks can be combined with a wildlife safari and Zanzibar. Blessed with an idyllic year round climate and surrounded by some of the Indian Ocean’s finest beaches, you can swim, snorkel and unwind after your trek.
- Kilimanjaro climb Lemosho Route 8 Day : Stella Point (98%). Uhuru Peak (96%)
- Kilimanjaro climb Northern circuits Route 9 Day : Stella Point (96-98%). Uhuru Peak (97%)
- Kilimanjaro climb Machame Route 7 Day : Stella Point (92%). Uhuru Peak (94%)
- Kilimanjaro climb Rongai Route 6 Day : Gilman’s Point (98%). Uhuru Peak (96%)
- Kilimanjaro climb Rongai Route 7 Day : Gilman’s Point (98%). Uhuru Peak (95%)
- Kilimanjaro climb Machame Route 6 Day : Stella Point (96%). Uhuru Peak (94%)
- Kilimanjaro climb Marangu Route 6 Day : Gilman’s Point (92%). Uhuru Peak (90%)
- Kilimanjaro climb Marangu Route 5 Day : Gilman’s Point (89%). Uhuru Peak (88%)
- Kilimanjaro climb Umbwe Route 6 Day : Stella Point (91%). Uhuru Peak (89%)
The Lemosho Route tackles the mountain from the west and uses different ascent and descent paths, allowing you to experience a wider range of spectacular views along the way. The trek begins in the Lemosho Glades at 2100m and climbs the mountain over seven days – a slow enough ascent to give you the best possible chance of acclimatising and reaching the summit. The trek is eight days in total, including summit day and the descent.
We also trek on the Rongai Route. Like Lemosho, this is a little-used trail with spectacular scenery and different ascent and descent paths. Beginning at Nale Moru (1950m) on the northern side of Kilimanjaro, we make our ascent over five days. The trek is six days in total, including the descent. Our Rongai ascent is shorter than Lemosho because we will already have completed a four-day acclimatization trek on 4562m Mount Meru beforehand, enabling a safe ascent of Kilimanjaro over just five days.
Mount Kilimanjaro Includes:
- 2 Nights accommodation where will be noted
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents: VANGO TENTS
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides:
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs:
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:
- Clean, purified drinking water:
- Private, portable chemical flush toilets:
- Crisis management and safety procedures:
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters:
- Summit Emergency Oxygen:
- Pulse Oximeters:
- Walking Poles:
- Sleeping Mattress:
- Emergency Evacuation by Flying Doctor Society of Africa:
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers travelling with Tranquil Journeys Tours are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation and repatriation cover.
63 total views, 1 views today