The Rubondo Airstrip is a small, remote airstrip that is mainly used by tourists visiting Rubondo Island. It’s located on the eastern side of the island, near the Rubondo Island National Park headquarters. The airstrip is equipped to handle small planes and helicopters, and it’s serviced by several local airlines.
The Rubondo Airstrip is a simple affair, with a single runway and a small terminal building. However, it offers all the amenities that visitors need to get started on their adventure, including car rental services, luggage storage, and a waiting area for passengers.
Rubondo Airstrip (TCAA designation: TZ-0023) serves Rubondo Island National Park in northern Tanzania’s Geita Region. The mainly deserted game reserve island is located at Lake Victoria’s southern tip.
Rubondo Island is a hidden gem in Tanzania, a stunning national park nestled in the heart of Lake Victoria. This pristine island offers visitors an incredible opportunity to experience the natural beauty of Tanzania in a unique and unforgettable way. And if you’re planning a visit to Rubondo Island, the Rubondo Airstrip is your gateway to this island paradise.
If you’re looking for a unique and unforgettable vacation destination, Rubondo Island should be at the top of your list. And the Rubondo Airstrip is your gateway to this island paradise. With its stunning scenery, incredible wildlife, and endless opportunities for adventure, Rubondo Island is a destination that
Rubondo Island is a remote paradise that few people know about. Situated in the southern part of Lake Victoria, this island is Tanzania’s largest uninhabited island and is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, giraffes, hippos, and chimpanzees. The island also has a large number of bird species, making it a must-visit destination for bird lovers.
Getting to Rubondo Island can be a bit of a challenge, but it’s well worth the effort. The easiest way to reach the island is by flying to the Rubondo Airstrip, which is located on the eastern side of the island. From there, visitors can take a boat to their accommodations and begin exploring all that Rubondo Island has to offer.
How to Get to Rubondo Airstrip
Getting to Rubondo Airstrip is not as difficult as you might think. The easiest way to get there is to fly from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania’s largest city, to Mwanza. From there, you can take a charter flight to Rubondo Island. Alternatively, you can take a private charter flight directly from Dar es Salaam to Rubondo Airstrip.
Another option is to drive to Mwanza and then take a boat to Rubondo Island. This is a longer journey, but it’s also a great way to see some of the stunning scenery that Tanzania has to offer.
Things to Do on Rubondo Island
Once you’ve arrived at the Rubondo Airstrip, you’ll be eager to start exploring Rubondo Island. The island has a lot to offer, including:
- Chimpanzee Trekking: Rubondo Island is home to a thriving population of chimpanzees, and visitors can go on guided treks to see them in their natural habitat.
- Bird Watching: With over 300 bird species on the island, Rubondo is a paradise for bird watchers.
- Game Drives: Rubondo Island is home to a variety of wildlife, including elephants, giraffes, hippos, and more. Visitors can take a game drive to see these animals up close.
- Fishing: Lake Victoria is known for its excellent fishing, and Rubondo Island is no exception. Visitors can fish for Nile perch and other fish species.
- Hiking: Rubondo Island has several hiking trails that take visitors through the island’s pristine forests and along its beautiful beaches.