Nimali Central Serengeti is situated deep within the sprawling Serengeti plains in the northern region of Tanzania, encompassing a vital part of the Serengeti Mara ecosystem. Embraced by the proximity of Makoma Hill, this lavish tented camp gracefully conceals itself, presenting an ambiance of seclusion within this designated area of the National Park. With awe-inspiring vistas stretching across the undulating hills and expansive plains, its strategic location along the celebrated migratory route promises an anticipation of the extraordinary. Even during the absence of the grand migration, the Makoma Hill vicinity holds a renowned reputation for its vast gatherings of buffalo and elephants, graceful giraffes, and an array of formidable predators including majestic lions, agile cheetahs, and cunning hyenas. The landscape is adorned with a multitude of small hills and kopjes, where lions often bask in the warmth of the polished rock surfaces.
This enchanting and intimate tented camp embraces a modest eight rooms, each meticulously crafted to deliver an authentic safari experience. Every tent exudes an opulence and magnificence, ingeniously merging contemporary furnishings with the nostalgic allure of a bygone era, all the while ensuring minimal ecological impact on its surroundings.
Here are some details about the camp:
The camp features eight spacious suites that are elegantly furnished with all the necessary luxuries of a safari. Each suite has a private veranda overlooking the vast Serengeti plains, allowing guests to appreciate the exceptional beauty of the natural surroundings. The tents are designed to provide an authentic safari experience while ensuring comfort and minimal impact on the environment. Inside, guests will find rain showers, double basin vanities, writing desks, fixed wooden doors, and Persian carpets, offering a combination of modern furnishings and a close connection to nature.
Nimali Central Serengeti aims to provide guests with a peaceful and nurturing retreat. The camp embodies intuitive simplicity and comfort, allowing guests to rest, restore, and revive. Sundowners can be enjoyed under the lantern-lit tree with a large open fire, creating a memorable atmosphere. The camp also offers guided game drives, providing opportunities to witness the annual migration and encounter the “Big 5” (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhino). Additionally, guests can experience the breathtaking beauty of the Serengeti from above with a hot air balloon flight, offering panoramic views of the plains.
Location and Access:
Nimali Central Serengeti is strategically located close to Makoma Hill, known for its abundant wildlife such as buffalo, giraffe, elephants, and predators like lions, cheetahs, and hyenas. The camp provides excellent game viewing opportunities throughout the year. Serengeti National Park is renowned for its wildlife and the annual migration, making it a prime destination for a Tanzanian safari.
The nearest international airport is Kilimanjaro International Airport. Guests can reach Seronera airstrip, located in the Serengeti, via a private charter or scheduled flight from Arusha airport. From the airstrip, it is a 40-minute game drive to reach Nimali Central Serengeti.
Please note that the availability of amenities and activities may vary, and it is advisable to check with the camp for specific details and arrangements during your stay.
Here are some of the amenities and services offered by Nimali Central Serengeti:
- 8 luxury tents with private verandas
- En suite bathrooms with hot water and flush toilets
- Mosquito nets
- Air conditioning
- A central mess tent for meals and drinks
- A lounge tent
- A campfire area
- Game drives
- Bush walks
- Cultural visits to Maasai villages
- Sundowner drinks
- 24-hour Security
- Barbeque Facilities
- Battery Charging Facilities
- Disability Services
- Eco Friendly
- Internet Access (Complimentary)
- Laundry Service (Available)
- Laundry Service (Complimentary)
- Meal on Request
The camp also has a number of sustainability initiatives in place, including:
- Using solar power to generate electricity
- Having a strict waste management policy
- Working with local communities to support conservation efforts
Here are some additional details about the camp:
- The camp is located in the Central Serengeti, close to the Seronera River. This is a prime location for game viewing, as it is home to a variety of wildlife, including lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, and wildebeest.
- The camp is open from June to November, which is the peak season for the Great Migration. During this time, millions of wildebeest and zebras migrate through the Serengeti, making it an incredible time to see wildlife.
- The camp has a maximum capacity of 16 guests, which ensures that it remains intimate and exclusive. This also means that guests receive personalized attention from the staff.
- The camp is committed to sustainability and conservation. It uses solar power to generate electricity and has a strict waste management policy. It also works with local communities to support conservation efforts.
Nimali Central Serengeti offers a wide range of activities for guests to enjoy during their stay. Here are some of the activities available:
- Game Drives: Embark on exciting game drives in custom-built safari vehicles accompanied by experienced guides. Explore the Serengeti’s diverse landscapes and search for wildlife, including the famous Big 5 (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhino).
- Game Walks: Join knowledgeable guides on guided walks to explore the surrounding wilderness on foot. Learn about the smaller details of the ecosystem, tracks, plants, and wildlife behavior up close.
- Bird Watching: Discover the rich birdlife of the Serengeti. The region is home to a variety of bird species, making it a paradise for bird enthusiasts.
- Wildlife Tours: Take specialized wildlife tours led by expert guides who will share their knowledge and insights about the animals, their behavior, and their natural habitat.
- Gourmet Picnics: Enjoy a delightful gourmet picnic in the heart of the Serengeti. Feast on delicious food while surrounded by the stunning landscapes and wildlife.
- Cooking Courses: Participate in cooking courses where you can learn to prepare traditional Tanzanian dishes. Discover the flavors and techniques of local cuisine.
- Fine Dining: Indulge in exquisite dining experiences, savoring delectable meals prepared with the freshest ingredients. Enjoy the culinary delights of the camp’s talented chefs.
- High Tea: Experience the tradition of high tea in the wilderness. Enjoy a selection of teas, coffees, and delectable treats in a picturesque setting.
- Massages: Pamper yourself with relaxing massages and spa treatments. Rejuvenate your body and mind amidst the tranquility of the Serengeti.
- Helicopter Scenic Flights: Take to the skies on a thrilling helicopter scenic flight. Get a unique perspective of the Serengeti’s vast landscapes and wildlife from above.
Please note that the availability of activities may vary depending on the season and specific arrangements made with the camp. It is recommended to inquire with the camp directly for the most up-to-date information and to tailor your activities according to your preferences.
Getting to Nimali Central Serengeti can be done by both air and road. Here’s how you can reach the camp:
- By Air: The nearest international airport is Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO). From there, you can take a domestic flight to Seronera airstrip, which is located in the Serengeti. Seronera airstrip is well-connected and serviced by scheduled flights from Arusha airport. The flight duration is approximately 1 to 2 hours, depending on the airline and route. Once you land at Seronera airstrip, the camp is just a 40-minute game drive away.
- By Road: If you prefer to travel by road, you can arrange for a private vehicle or a guided safari transfer. The journey from Arusha to Nimali Central Serengeti by road takes about 5 to 7 hours, depending on road conditions and the route taken. It’s important to note that the roads in the Serengeti can be rough and challenging, especially during the rainy season. It’s advisable to use a 4×4 vehicle for better maneuverability and comfort.
It’s recommended to consult with your travel agent or the camp directly to assist you in arranging the most suitable mode of transportation based on your preferences and convenience.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Nimali Central Serengeti:
- How do I reach Nimali Central Serengeti?
The nearest international airport is Kilimanjaro International Airport. From there, you can take a private charter or scheduled flight to Seronera airstrip in the Serengeti. The camp is approximately a 40-minute game drive from the airstrip.
- What is the best time to visit Nimali Central Serengeti?
The camp offers excellent game-viewing opportunities all year round. However, the Serengeti experiences its most famous wildlife spectacle, the Great Migration, typically from December to July, as millions of wildebeest and other animals move across the plains. Each season offers unique experiences, so it depends on your preferences.
- What wildlife can I expect to see near the camp?
Nimali Central Serengeti is located near Makoma Hill, which is known for its abundant wildlife. You can expect to see large herds of buffalo, giraffes, and elephants, as well as predators like lions, cheetahs, and hyenas. The Serengeti is renowned for its diverse wildlife, and the camp provides great access to these incredible sightings.
- What activities are available at the camp?
The camp offers a range of activities to enhance your safari experience. You can enjoy guided game drives, where expert guides will take you on thrilling excursions to witness wildlife in their natural habitat. Sundowners under the lantern-lit tree with a large open fire provide a magical evening experience. Additionally, there are cultural activities, storytelling sessions, and the option for a hot air balloon flight to see the Serengeti from a unique perspective.
- Is the camp environmentally friendly?
Yes, Nimali Central Serengeti is designed to have minimal impact on the environment. The camp aims to provide a luxurious and comfortable experience while respecting the surrounding wilderness. Efforts are made to ensure sustainability and conservation practices are implemented throughout the camp.
- How many suites are available at Nimali Central Serengeti?
The camp features eight spacious suites, ensuring privacy and personalized attention for each guest. The suites are tastefully furnished and designed to provide a balance between modern comfort and a close connection to nature.