Lemala Mara Camp is a small and luxurious mobile tented camp located in the Serengeti Mara area of northern Tanzania. The camp features eight tented rooms with private bathrooms and is open from July to October, providing access to a good range of safari areas.
The camp is situated in a light acacia forest on the north side of the river and boasts a large open-sided mess tent containing the lounge and dining areas, leading out to a campfire.
If the camp is at the start of your safari, you can fly into the nearby Kogatende Airstrip and take a safari drive of approximately 30 minutes to reach the camp. At the end of your stay, you can depart from the same airstrip and fly down to Serengeti Central, from where you can start your overland trip southwards through some or all of Ngorongoro, Manyara, and Tarangire reserves.
Location of Lemala Mara Camp
The camp is located near the Mara River, which is famous for the annual wildebeest migration that takes place every year. The camp features 15 spacious and beautifully furnished tents, each with its own private bathroom, outdoor shower, and a private deck with stunning views of the surrounding plains.
If the camp is at the end of your safari, you can end your overland trip in the Central Serengeti and take a flight north to Kogatende Airstrip. After your stay, you can depart from the same airstrip, which has daily flight connections with Kigali (for gorillas in Rwanda), Manyara, Tarangire, Ruaha, and Selous (for more safari), Zanzibar (for tropical coastline), Kilimanjaro, Dar es Salaam, and Nairobi (for international arrivals and departures).
The Lemala Mara Camp is situated in the northern part of Serengeti National Park, just a few miles from the Mara River. This area is known for its abundance of wildlife, including lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, and many more. The camp itself is made up of twelve spacious tents, each with its own private veranda and en-suite bathroom.
Why Choose Lemala Mara Camp?
If you are looking for an authentic African safari experience, the Lemala Mara Camp is the perfect choice. Here are some reasons why:
- Location: The camp is located in the heart of the Serengeti, one of the most famous wildlife destinations in the world. You’ll have the chance to see an incredible array of wildlife right on your doorstep, including lions, elephants, cheetahs, and more.
- Luxury accommodations: The tents at the Lemala Mara Camp are spacious and beautifully furnished, with all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay. You’ll be able to relax in style after a long day of wildlife spotting.
- Expert guides: The guides at the Lemala Mara Camp are experienced and knowledgeable about the wildlife and ecosystems of the Serengeti. They’ll help you get the most out of your safari experience and ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
- Exceptional wildlife encounters: The Serengeti is home to some of the most iconic wildlife species in the world, including the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhino). You’ll have the chance to see these animals up close and in their natural habitat.
Accommodations at Lemala Mara Camp
The accommodations at the Lemala Mara Camp are designed to provide maximum comfort and luxury in the heart of the African wilderness. Each tent features a comfortable king-sized bed with soft linens, a spacious en-suite bathroom with hot water, a flush toilet, and an outdoor shower with stunning views of the surrounding plains. The tents are also equipped with a private deck with comfortable seating, where you can relax and take in the beauty of the Serengeti.
Dining at Lemala Mara Camp
The Lemala Mara Camp offers exceptional dining experiences, with delicious meals prepared by expert chefs using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served in the camp’s dining area, which features an open-air design with stunning views of the surrounding plains. In the evenings, you can enjoy a drink by the campfire and share stories with your fellow safari-goers.
Activities at Lemala Mara Camp
There are plenty of activities to keep you busy during your stay at the Lemala Mara Camp. Here are some of the highlights:
- Game drives: The Serengeti is home to an incredible array of wildlife, and a game drive is the best way to see it all. The camp offers both morning and afternoon game drives, led by expert guides who will take you to the best spots for wildlife viewing.
- Walking safaris: For a more intimate wildlife experience, you can go on a walking safari with one of the camp’s experienced guides. You’ll be able to get closer to the smaller creatures of the Serengeti and learn about the ecosystem in more
- Hot air balloon safaris: For a truly unforgettable experience, you can take a hot air balloon safari over the Serengeti. You’ll soar above the plains and have a bird’s-eye view of the incredible wildlife below.
- Cultural experiences: The camp offers cultural experiences that give you a glimpse into the daily life of the Maasai people, who are indigenous to the area. You can visit a local village and learn about their customs and traditions.
- Sundowners: After a long day of wildlife viewing, you can enjoy a refreshing drink and watch the sunset over the Serengeti.
Why Choose Lemala Mara Camp for Your Safari Experience?
1. Unmatched Location
One of the main reasons to choose Lemala Mara Camp is its location. The camp is situated in the heart of the Serengeti, which means you’ll be right in the middle of all the action. You’ll be able to witness the Great Migration, which is one of the most spectacular wildlife events in the world.
2. Luxury Accommodations
Despite being in the middle of the wilderness, the Lemala Mara Camp offers luxury accommodations. Each tent is beautifully furnished and features a comfortable bed, a writing desk, and a lounge area. The tents are also equipped with solar-powered lighting, so you’ll have all the comforts of home while still enjoying an authentic safari experience.
3. Experienced Guides
The guides at the Lemala Mara Camp are some of the best in the business. They are incredibly knowledgeable about the local wildlife and will be able to take you to the best spots to see all the action. They are also passionate about conservation and will be able to share their insights into the local ecosystem with you.
4. Variety of Activities
There’s more to a safari than just game drives, and the Lemala Mara Camp offers a variety of activities to keep you entertained. You can go on guided walks to learn more about the local flora and fauna, or take a hot air balloon ride to get a bird’s-eye view of the Serengeti. The camp also offers night drives, which are a great way to see some of the nocturnal animals that come out after dark.
Lemala Mara Camp: A Closer Look
As mentioned earlier, the Lemala Mara Camp is made up of twelve spacious tents. Each tent is beautifully furnished and features a private veranda with comfortable seating. The en-suite bathrooms are equipped with a hot shower, flush toilet, and a basin.
The camp features a spacious dining tent where you can enjoy delicious meals prepared by the camp’s talented chefs. The cuisine is a fusion of traditional African dishes and modern European cuisine. The camp also has a well-stocked bar where you can enjoy a refreshing drink after a long day of safari adventures.
In addition to game drives, the Lemala Mara Camp offers a variety of activities to keep you entertained. You can take a guided walk to learn more about the local flora and fauna, or take a hot air balloon ride for a unique perspective on the Serengeti. The camp also offers night drives, which are a great way to see some of the nocturnal animals that come out after dark.
The Lemala Mara Camp is committed to sustainability and conservation. The camp is powered by solar energy and has implemented several measures to reduce its environmental impact. The camp also supports several local conservation initiatives, including anti-poaching efforts and wildlife rehabilitation programs.
Lemala Mara Camp – North Serengeti
If you’re looking for an authentic and unforgettable safari experience in Africa, look no further than the Lemala Mara Camp. With its luxurious accommodations, exceptional wildlife encounters, and expert guides, the camp offers everything you need for the ultimate adventure in the heart of the Serengeti. So what are you waiting for? Book your safari today and get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
FAQs about Lemala Mara Camp
- What is the best time of year to visit the Lemala Mara Camp? The best time to visit the camp is during the dry season, from June to October. During this time, the weather is dry and sunny, and the wildlife is most active.
- What is the wildebeest migration, and when does it take place? The wildebeest migration is a natural phenomenon that takes place every year in the Serengeti. It involves the movement of over a million wildebeest, along with thousands of zebras and gazelles, as they search for fresh grazing pastures. The migration takes place from July to October.
- Is the Lemala Mara Camp family-friendly? Yes, the camp is family-friendly and welcomes children of all ages. The staff can provide special activities and meals for children to ensure they have a fun and memorable safari experience.
- What is the closest airport to the Lemala Mara Camp? The closest airport to the camp is the Seronera Airstrip, which is about a 45-minute drive away. The camp can arrange airport transfers for an additional fee.
- Is Wi-Fi available at the Lemala Mara Camp? Yes, Wi-Fi is available in the main area of the camp, but it can be slow and unreliable due to the remote location.
- Is it safe to stay at the Lemala Mara Camp? Yes, the camp is located in a safe area of the Serengeti, and the staff takes security very seriously. However, it’s important to follow the camp’s safety guidelines and be aware of your surroundings when out on safari.