Coastal Aviationor simply Coastal Air is a renowned provider of coastal flying services, offering both scenic flights and transportation to remote coastal destinations. Based in Tanzania, Coastal Aviation has been operating since 1988 and has since expanded to cover other coastal regions such as Mozambique, Kenya, and Madagascar. Their fleet consists of over 30 aircraft, including single-engine Cessna Caravans and twin-engine turboprops.
Are you looking for an exciting and unique way to explore the beautiful coastlines of the world? Look no further than Coastal Aviation, a premier provider of coastal flying services. In this ultimate guide, we’ll dive into everything you need to know about Coastal Aviation, from their services and safety record to the benefits of coastal flying and popular destinations.
Coastal Aviation Services
Coastal Aviation offers a range of services, including:
- Scenic Flights: Experience the beauty of the coast from above with Coastal Aviation’s scenic flights. Fly over stunning beaches, coral reefs, and wildlife reserves, and witness breathtaking sunsets.
- Coastal Transportation: Coastal Aviation provides transportation to remote coastal destinations, such as private islands and coastal resorts. Avoid long drives or boat rides and arrive in style with Coastal Aviation.
- Charter Flights: Need to get somewhere quickly? Coastal Aviation offers charter flights for business and leisure purposes, providing a convenient and efficient way to travel.
Safety is Coastal Aviation’s top priority, with a highly experienced team of pilots and a rigorous maintenance program. They are an IATA-registered airline and are certified by various aviation authorities, including the Tanzanian Civil Aviation Authority and the South African Civil Aviation Authority. Coastal Aviation has an impeccable safety record, with no accidents or incidents since its inception.
The Benefits of Coastal Flying
Coastal flying offers numerous benefits compared to traditional modes of transportation. Here are some of the top advantages:
Coastal flying can save you a significant amount of time compared to driving or boating. With Coastal Aviation’s charter flights, you can avoid traffic and lengthy boat rides, arriving at your destination quickly and efficiently.
Coastal flying offers a unique perspective of the coast, providing stunning views of beaches, coral reefs, and wildlife reserves that are impossible to see from the ground.
Comfort and Convenience
Coastal Aviation’s aircraft are designed with comfort and convenience in mind, featuring spacious seating, air conditioning, and large windows for optimal viewing.
Coastal flying provides access to remote coastal destinations that may be difficult or impossible to reach by car or boat. With Coastal Aviation, you can reach private islands, coastal resorts, and other exclusive locations with ease.
Coastal Aviation offers flights to a variety of popular coastal destinations. Here are some of the top locations:
Zanzibar is an archipelago off the coast of Tanzania known for its stunning beaches, turquoise waters, and rich cultural heritage. Coastal Aviation offers flights to Zanzibar from Dar es Salaam and other cities in Tanzania.
Madagascar is a unique island nation off the coast of East Africa known for its exotic wildlife and lush rainforests. Coastal Aviation offers flights to several destinations in Madagascar, including Antananarivo and Nosy Be.
Mozambique is a coastal country in Southern Africa known for its white-sand beaches, coral reefs, and vibrant marine life. Coastal Aviation offers flights to several destinations in Mozambique, including Vilanculos and Benguerra Island.
Kenya is a popular destination for wildlife safaris, but it also has a stunning coastline along the Indian Ocean. Coastal Aviation offers flights to several destinations in Kenya, including Lamu Island and Diani Beach.
Coastal Aviation FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about Coastal Aviation:
1. What is Coastal Aviation?
Coastal Aviation is a provider of coastal flying services, offering scenic flights, coastal transportation, and charter flights.
2. Where is Coastal Aviation based?
Coastal Aviation is based in Tanzania but also operates in other coastal regions such as Mozambique, Kenya, and Madagascar.
3. What type of aircraft does Coastal Aviation use?
Coastal Aviation’s fleet consists of over 30 aircraft, including single-engine Cessna Caravans and twin-engine turboprops.
4. Is Coastal Aviation safe?
Safety is Coastal Aviation’s top priority, and they have an impeccable safety record with no accidents or incidents since their inception.
5. What are the benefits of coastal flying?
Coastal flying offers numerous benefits, including time-saving, spectacular views, comfort and convenience, and accessibility to remote coastal destinations.
6. What are some popular destinations that Coastal Aviation flies to?
Coastal Aviation offers flights to a variety of popular coastal destinations, including Zanzibar, Madagascar, Mozambique, and Kenya.
Coastal Aviation offers a unique and exciting way to explore the beautiful coastlines of the world. With its range of services, impeccable safety record, and access to remote coastal destinations, Coastal Aviation is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure and convenience. Book your next coastal flight with Coastal Aviation and experience the beauty of the coast from a whole new perspective.
Coastal Aviation is a Tanzanian airline that specializes in providing flights to some of the country’s most remote and challenging locations, including airstrips that are inaccessible by road. Here are some of the airstrips served by Coastal Aviation:
Selous Game Reserve Airstrip
Selous Game Reserve Airstrip is located in the Selous Game Reserve, which is Africa’s largest game reserve and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It provides access to some of the reserve’s most stunning regions, including the Rufiji River and its associated wetlands, which are home to a diverse array of wildlife, including elephants, lions, and hippos.
Mafia Island Airstrip
Mafia Island Airstrip is located on Mafia Island, which is part of the Mafia Island Marine Park, a protected marine reserve that is renowned for its pristine coral reefs and diverse marine life. From here, you can explore the island’s stunning beaches, lush forests, and underwater wonders.
Rubondo Island Airstrip
Rubondo Island Airstrip is located on Rubondo Island, which is Tanzania’s largest island national park and a haven for birdwatchers and nature lovers. From here, you can explore the island’s dense forests, tranquil lakes, and diverse wildlife
Serengeti National Park Airstrips
Coastal Aviation also provides flights to various airstrips located within the Serengeti National Park. These include:
- Seronera Airstrip: This is the main airstrip in the Serengeti and is located in the central part of the park. From here, visitors can easily access the park’s vast plains and witness the great wildebeest migration.
- Grumeti Airstrip: This airstrip is located in the Western Corridor of the Serengeti and provides easy access to the park’s western regions, which are known for their abundant wildlife and stunning landscapes.
- Kogatende Airstrip: This airstrip is located in the northern part of the Serengeti and is the gateway to the Mara River, where visitors can witness the dramatic river crossings of wildebeest and other animals.
Other Airstrips and Airports
In addition to the above-mentioned airstrips, Coastal Aviation also provides flights to various other airstrips throughout Tanzania, including:
- Kilimanjaro International Airport: This airport is located near the town of Arusha and serves as the main entry point for visitors traveling to Tanzania to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak.
- Zanzibar International Airport: This airport is located on the island of Zanzibar and provides flights to various destinations within Tanzania and internationally.
- Dar es Salaam International Airport: This airport is located in the largest city in Tanzania and serves as a hub for various airlines flying to destinations across Africa and beyond.
- Lake Manyara Airstrip: This airstrip is located near Lake Manyara National Park, which is known for its tree-climbing lions and large herds of elephants.
- Tarangire Airstrip: This airstrip is located near Tarangire National Park, which is home to some of Tanzania’s largest elephant herds and a variety of other wildlife, including lions, leopards, and giraffes.
- Mahale Airstrip: This airstrip is located near Mahale Mountains National Park, which is home to one of the largest populations of chimpanzees in the world and offers stunning views of Lake Tanganyika.