en +255 788763031 info@tranquiljourneys.tours

Bashay Rift Lodge

Built on a large piece of land, Bashay Rift Lodge has kept almost 90% of the wilderness as it was before construction began, the remaining 10% having been turned over to coffee plants, kitchen garden and lawn. A good variety of flowers, trees & bushes can be observed as well wildlife (birds, mainly but dik dik and other small mammals can also be spotted on occasion)

In the main building (the “Main“) and heart & soul of the lodge guests can relax in the cozy lounge or bar or watch the sun go down from the large and impressive terraces facing west towards Oldeani Mountain and Lake Eyasi. Fine cuisine including fresh produce from their very own garden is served in the dining room. The 3 large fire-places bring an additional “farm in Africa” feeling.

Set on the property’s highest point and overlooking the swimming pool, 2 Suites are very spacious and as well as the usual amenities, they have a private terrace with amazing views, where private meals can be served & bath. These are perfect for Honeymooners or for our guests who just want to indulge themselves a little more during their safari.

Not far from the “Main”, cottages are also built on the edge of the escarpment offering visitors outstanding views. Each one has its own lay-out & decoration (some have a terrace), in addition to that unique “Bashay feel,” enjoyed by all the rooms. Amongst these, Room no.5 is ideal for a family of 4 or 5 with its 2 separate and connecting bedrooms.

Incorporated in the cottages, rooms 7 & 8 share an additional private lounge which can be enjoyed by a family or group of friends.

Standing back slightly from the cottages, the 4 bedroom Garden House is ideal for large family parties. All rooms lead to a lovely private lounge where guests can relax or enjoy having their own private meals served.

Next to the Garden House but still within easy access of the lodge’s main facilities, Acacia House has a total of 6 rooms over two floors. All rooms are nicely laid out around a large lounge where private functions can be organized. Coffee House accommodates the most remote rooms. Located on a hill with 360° views, they offer perfect seclusion.

Below the “Main” & facing West, a well designed & modern swimming pool (equipped with a new & eco-friendly water system) is the guests’ favorite spot after a day of dust & heat in the bush. The pool area enjoys the sun for most of the day and the warmth can be felt long after sunset.
Next to the pool is the pool house, equipped with changing rooms, showers & toilets.

 37 total views,  1 views today

Facilities

Below the “Main” & facing West, a well designed & modern swimming pool (equipped with a new & eco-friendly water system) is the guests’ favorite spot after a day of dust & heat in the bush. The pool area enjoys the sun for most of the day and the warmth can be felt long after sunset.
Next to the pool is the pool house, equipped with changing rooms, showers & toilets.

Need Help? Chat with us